How do I let my customer update the screen?

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of how Cilutions implements digital signage using the DMB Media Player.

How do I let my customer update the screen?

Postby Paul.J » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:37 pm

I use the DMB Screen Builder to remotely update the screens in my network. In addition to this, I would like to give my customers at each location the ability to update the image and text on the screen. Is there a way to do this?
Paul.J

Re: How do I let my customer update the screen?

Postby Cilutions Support » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:46 pm

In the latest version of the DMB Screen Builder (version 2.5) you can designate image and text fields on a screen to have "Local Edit". Doing this creates a text file (e.g., dmb.screenlist.00.txt) that once delivered to the media player is used to make available for edit the selected assets in a web page. A user can access this page by simply entering the assigned local IP Address of the Amino set-top into a browser from a computer on the same network (e.g., http://192.168.1.204). Then log in as:

user: admin
password: *****

In this way you can give your customers "local control" via a web page while at the same time maintaining control over which fields on the screen can be updated. Also, from this page if you log in as follows you will taken to the Amino box's Configuration screen:

user: cfg
password: *****

On this screen you can change the configuration settings of the box (Graphics and Video Resolution, FTP Settings, etc.)
Cilutions Support
Site Admin

Re: How do I let my customer update the screen?

Postby Paul.J » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:43 pm

How do I define the list of users that have 'local edit' access for each Media Player in my network?
Paul.J

Return to Digital Signage