Asset: Button

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of the asset types (e.g., RSS feed) supported on a Screen.

Asset: Button

Postby Cilutions Support » Thu May 05, 2011 4:26 pm

The button asset is a graphics file on the screen that is associated with a touch finger press or mouse click action. This is useful for local user interactivity with the screen.

The graphics file must be formatted for proper playback on the destination DMB Media Player (e.g., JPG, GIF, PNG, TIFF compatible with the Amino STBs) and is created using a 3rd party program (e.g., Adobe Illustrator). The image dimensions must be set properly. For example, if the button asset should fill a screen zone of, say, 126x103 pixels, then the image should also be 126x103. Unlike the image asset a button asset is not resized to fit the dimensions of the button zone.

The attributes of a button asset are:

Name: A user-defined string which can be a helpful reference to individuals creating or modifying assets. This field has no impact on the DMB player when the asset is played.
    Source: A file name of the image file to render as a button.
    X and Y Coordinates: Pixel addressing of the upper left-hand corner used to position this asset on the screen.
    Width and Height in Pixels: Size of the button zone in pixels.
    Event: The action associated with a button press. These correspond to buttons on the I/R remote control (e.g., pgup, pgdown, left, right) providing on-screen navigation. The number event corresponds to a remote control multi-digit number selection.
    Event Parameter: Applies to a number Event and is used to set the multi-digit value (e.g., 55 simulates a local operator selection of dmb.screenlist.55.xml when this button is pressed). This is useful to navigate between screenlists (i.e., channels) using button assets.
    Transparency: This is an alternative method to using alpha channel in an image file. If the image to render already contains transparency information (i.e., an alpha channel) then this Transparency attribute need not be used. But if the image does not contain an alpha channel then the Transparency, Transparent Color and Transparent Toleration attributes can be used to achieve levels of transparency when rendering the image. The Transparency attribute designates the level of see through applied to the entire image asset. Values are from 0 to 255 with 0 being fully transparent and 255 being fully opaque. The default is 255, fully opaque.
    Transparent Color: The specific color, in an image, which should have transparency applied independent of the entire image. This is useful for, say, setting a border around an image to an unusual color (one not in the image) and then making the border fully transparent so only the image is displayed. For example, a setting of 0.0.0.0 makes white fully transparent.
    Transparent Toleration: A number indicating the color variance that should apply when identifying the transparent color. For example, a transparent tolerance of 1 with a transparent color setting of 5.5.5 (in 24-bit RGB notation) would cause 4.4.4, 5.4.4, 5.5.6, etc. to also match as the transparent color.
    Background Color: Background is the color of the area, based on width and height, that the foreground image does not cover. Values are represented as ARGB notation (e.g., 255.0.0.0 for black). The first digit represents transparency with 0 being fully transparent and 255 being fully opaque. The default is fully opaque black (i.e., 255.0.0.0). A fully transparent background setting is 0.0.0.0.
    Playlist: A text file containing the list of two images to render, the first is the image when the button is not pressed (i.e., the steady state) and the second is the image to render when the button is pressed. This helps a local user see the pressing action more clearly and is a useful feedback during keypress operations. If the Playlist is not specified then the Source attribute applies (i.e., where there is no keypress feedback).
    Playlist Order: Does not apply to the button asset.
    X and Y Alignment: Used to position (e.g., center, top) an image inside a button screen zone which may be larger than the image to play. For example, how to position a 200x100 image in a 400x200 button screen zone.
Cilutions Support
Site Admin

Return to All About Assets