Minimum Screenlist Attributes

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of the Screenlists.

Minimum Screenlist Attributes

Postby Edward.P » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:13 pm

I am setting up an Amino A140 network of STBs all mounting to an NFS Server. What are the minimum attributes I need to set in the Screenlist (I have created: dmb.screenlist.06.xml) using Screen Builder on my Windows machine?
Edward.P

Re: Minimum Screenlist Attributes

Postby Cilutions Support » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:17 am

Assuming you have mounted the NFS Server to, say, drive D: on your local Windows machine, where you are running Screen Builder, then the only screenlist attributes you need to set are:

Content Directory: This is the full pathname of the content stored on your local Windows machine (e.g., C:\ScreenBuilder\Marketing\content)
    Client Directory: D:\
    Publish Directory: D:\

Here the Client and Publish directories are the same. When you select "Publish" from Screen Builder it compares all the necessary local files (i.e., all assets and metadata) in Content Directory with Client Directory. Any files which are needed to play the associated screenlist but are not in Client Directory are offered for selection. The "Publish Selected" button will cause Screen Builder to write all selected files into the Publish Directory which, in this NFS Server model, is the same location as the Client Directory.
Cilutions Support
Site Admin

Re: Minimum Screenlist Attributes

Postby Cilutions Support » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:41 pm

If your A140 STBs are not mounted to an NFS Share but, rather, are configured to retrieve their content periodically (say, check every hour) from an FTP Server account (e.g., a cloud model) then the screenlist attributes should point to the FTP account to publish content. The screenlist attributes needed in this case are:

Content Directory: This is the full pathname of the content stored on your local Windows machine (e.g., C:\ScreenBuilder\Marketing\content)

The exact settings (username, password, path) should be provided by the FTP Server Administrator.

Here the Client and Publish directories are the same. When you select "Publish" from Screen Builder it compares all the necessary local files (i.e., all assets and metadata) in Content Directory with the file set in Client Directory. Any files which are needed to play the associated screenlist but are not in Client Directory are offered for selection. The "Publish Selected" button will cause Screen Builder to push all selected files into the Publish Directory (the same location as the Client Directory) so they can be retrieved by STBs during the routine content update schedule. The Transfer Directory is used as a staging area so all files, once fully staged, can be delivered into the Publish Directory in one operation.
Cilutions Support
Site Admin

Return to All About ScreenLists