TIMEZONE Options and Daylight Savings Time

This forum includes general topics related to managing Cilutions products.

TIMEZONE Options and Daylight Savings Time

Postby Henry.G » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:55 pm

What are the various options for timezone settings on my Amino A140 STBs? I currently can only set:

US-Alaska
US-Pacific
US-Mountain
US-Central
US-Eastern

and I would like to have more (like some European timezones). Even though all my STBs are here in the US I would like to set the date and times (on some of them) to different locations.

And I would want the STB to automatically adjust for daylight savings time as well.

Thx
Henry.G

Re: TIMEZONE Options and Daylight Savings Time

Postby Cilutions Support » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:14 pm

The values you list are the built-in web form settings for US deployed STBs. You can set other values by logging into the root account on the STB (using ssh or telnet) or by running an STBREMOTECONF command on a separate computer with direct IP access to the STB.

Here is an example session of reading, then changing, the TIME_ZONE setting on an STB at address 192.168.1.123 using STBREMOTECONF:

To Read: STBREMOTECONF 192.168.1.123 GETCONFIG NETCONF.TIME_ZONE

STB Responds With: US/Eastern

To Change: STBREMOTECONF 192.168.1.123 SETCONFIG NETCONF.TIME_ZONE Europe/London

The STBREMOTECONF utilitity is available as part of active maintenance service. (Contact support@cilutions.com).

As an alternative, the following command line example demonstrates how to change the same value logged in as root:

libconfig-set NETCONF.TIME_ZONE Europe/London

A reboot is necessary to take effect.

A master list showing all possible timezone values worldwide is here:

https://www.vmware.com/support/develope ... ezone.html
Cilutions Support
Site Admin

Return to Remote Management General Issues